- About TBK
- News and Resources
- Join Us
TBK Consult has released the “BECH Index” for 2011 showing the share of demand for IT related products and services for each country in the world. The share of North America dropped 3% and while South America gained 7,5% the two continents together lost 2% to the rest of the world.
Europe as a total gained 0,3%, but only because the growth in Eastern Europe picked up 7,9%. The EU region lost 3,7%.
China gained a 23,9% increase in it’s share of world demand while India recorded a 4,3% increase.
“Although the changes from 2009, when CIA defined a new basis for the numbers we use to calculate the index, clearly shows the shift away from the “old” economies and to the “new” economies, we should not overlook the fact that the “old” economies still account for close to 75% of world demand. The remaining 25% is shared by more than 200 countries and China still only accounts for 4,7% of world demand. This is a share slightly larger than the UK, but still smaller than Germany. The political propaganda in Europe for businesses to spend more resources penetrating the BRIC countries may apply to the large enterprises, but it makes absolutely no sense for smaller companies to travel so far away, when markets closer to home still offer much more opportunity."
The Middle East is showing a small increase, but the way the numbers are calculated plays in favour of oil producing countries. The African continent remains stable with 0,8% world demand of which South Africa represents close to 40%
The BECH index is calculated and published annually based on the GDP and GDP per capita figures provided by the CIA World Factbook.
Source: The CIA World Factbook
 USA, Canada, EU, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
 BRIC: Brasil, Russia, India and China
TBK Consult is an international management consulting company with a 100% focus on growth and internationalization in the software-driven industries. TBK Consult assists ambitious companies with the planning and execution of international penetration strategies to become global market leaders.
The current management consulting services from TBK Consult includes International Go-To-Market strategy definition, Customer Value Proposition development, Ideal Customer Profile definition, Value Chain identification, Strategy Alignment with ValuePerform, Market Assessment, Market Bootstrapping, Partner Program development, Channel Partner recruitment, Software Product Management audits, Global Account Management programs. TBK Consult competency centres facilitate international growth within the eco-systems of Microsoft, SAP, IBM and Oracle.